Annually, Buckeye Lake for Tomorrow awards scholarships to three lake-area high school graduates. The $1,000 individual scholarships are funded by the Doris Orr Kaspar Foundation, in memory of Buckeye Lake for Tomorrow founder and civic activist Merv Bartholow. Merv worked diligently to improve water quality in the Buckeye Lake watershed and inspired many others to join the cause.
• Awards are made to students who maintain an outstanding overall record during their high school years, plan to study a STEM field, STEM education or agricultural related field in college, and respond effectively in an essay about water quality issues in the Buckeye Lake watershed. Merv Bartholow Scholarship applications can be downloaded and printed from the following links:
• Katelyn Cranes – Sheridan – Biochemistry – West Virginia University
• Andrew Warner – Millersport – Freshwater/Aquatic Biology at Bowling Green
• Anthony Toskin – Lakewood – Chemical Engineering at Walsh University
• Jayni Lamb – Sheridan – Chemistry – Capital University
• Hailey Waibel – Millersport – Animal Science at the Ohio State University
• Jennifer Spires – Lakewood – Pre-Med at Dennison University